Monday 5 March 2012

The Beginning!

I started cooking at a young age. Probably because like many kids who were brought up in Kochi in southern peninsula, I was inclined to eat more fish and meat than vegetables. But I was always and still is a great admirer of the SAMBAR. When amma used to cook, I used to sneak into the kitchen and see whether sambhar was on the menu. If it was missing, I would offer my help and invariably end up cooking sambhar for myself. 
Amma never discouraged me. Later, after many years, I used to cook a meal for everybody in the family on Sundays. For amma it was a well deserved break and for a me it was total relaxation.
Nowadays cooking is more of a passion. Almost everyday I chop, clean or cook in my kitchen. I try newer things for everybody's palette. Sometimes a little or rarely in large scale for a party.
Through this blog I want to share my experiences, recipes and also inform about various eating joints – big and small – which I visit whenever I step out of my house. Be with me and feel free to share your views too!

No comments:

Post a Comment